As a dryer vent cleaning company near Chanhassen, we often see dryer vents that are quite clogged by lint and other debris, and we know firsthand just how dangerous those types of dryer vents are to the house’s occupants and their safety and well-being. That is why we always say that “a clean dryer vent is a safe dryer vent.”
There are a few ways you can help decrease the amount of build-up in your dryer vents and hoses. Here are a few tips.
- Be sure to limit how many dryer sheets you use in the dryer or how much liquid fabric softener you use in the washing machine. The dryer sheets can add residue to your lint filter, and that can cause the filter to clog faster than it normally would. And liquid fabric softener can cause fabrics to become flammable in the dryer thanks to the build-up of oil and other chemicals on them.
- You should only use your dryer for 30 to 40 minutes per load of laundry. That way, air can circulate through the machine better and there will be less lint build-up overall. If your clothes need more than 40 minutes to fully dry, you need to call a dryer vent cleaning company like Dryer Vent Wizard because this could be a sign that your dryer vents should be cleaned as soon as possible.
- If you can, hang up heavier clothing or other items to dry, like heavy bedding and pillows. These large items can greatly contribute to the build-up of lint and other debris, and you will have to call a dryer vent cleaning company sooner than later for their cleaning services.
- After each load of clothing, make sure you thoroughly clean in and around the lint trap. You can also use a shop vac to vacuum up the bits of lint and debris that can build up in and around the lint trap.
- The outside ventilation opening should always have the proper cap on it to keep out critters but to still allow the hot air and bits of lint and debris to blow out.
- Make sure you call a dryer vent cleaning company at least once a year to come out and professionally clean your dryer vents.
For more information on our dryer vent cleaning company near Chanhassen, call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626, or you can Contact Us.