Dryer fires happen all the time all over the world. Any dryer in existence has the great potential to start a city block-consuming inferno. Dryer Vent Wizard is a dryer vent cleaning company serving Hastings and local towns. We have just seen about every single sort of potential dryer disaster situation in existence. Often it comes down to something as simple as whether or not it was installed correctly.
Please read the following with regard to knowing exactly what to look for to see whether your dryer is a fire waiting to happen:
• What material makes up your dryer hoses and vents? Should they be foil or plastic, think about having them replaced. If they are made of foil, you will want to replace these with a stronger type of metal. Your plastic variants can easily be dented or get kinked, thus minimizing the flow of air outside of your house, increasing the heat within virtually all areas of the dryer. This is a particular issue when it comes to lint or dryer sheets getting caught within—fire may break out. When you contact our dryer vent cleaning service, we can inspect your dryer’s vents and hoses to ensure they are made out of the proper material.
• You do not want your dryer vents to be made of PVC piping or plastic. Static electricity is generated through the usage of PVC and plastic within a dryer. This is a problem in that it can encourage the accumulation of lint and other debris to stick to the side of the pipe. When accumulated lint mixes with the moisture emanating from your dryer, the result can be a dryer fire. This combination also makes for a much tougher cleaning job.
• There may be bolts or screws securing joints within your dryer vent hose, this is not good. Call our dryer vent cleaning company for help with this one. Bolts and screws are hotbeds of lint collection and thus can boost the chances of a dryer fire.
• Look out for duct tape being used on any vents and hoses. The presence of duct tape indicates that your dryer was not properly installed. The adhesive applied to duct tape dries out very easily and will likely contribute to the emergence of gaps within the joints of the vents.
• Follow your dryer vent hose. Where does it lead? If the answer is anywhere besides outdoors, then call us. Your dryer should always vent outside, not into an attic or crawl space.
Do you need a reliable dryer vent cleaning company in Hastings? Call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or contact us to Request Service.