This time of year, mice and other critters are looking for warm and cozy places to nest for the upcoming winter months. You can keep them from nesting in your dryer vents by calling on us for dryer vent cleaning in Apple Valley. The less lint and other “comfortable” materials you have in there for them to snuggle into, the less likely they are to make your dryer vents their new home. Usually, these pests get in because the vent cover needs repaired or replaced. Dryer Vent Wizard can come to your home and replace the cover with a pest-resistant one, and this will solve the problem.
The main reason it is bad for mice to nest in your dryer vents is simple: blocked dryer vents are dangerous. They can cause a fire and put your family and home in danger. Dryer vent cleaning is an important chore that should be done on a regular basis to ensure there are no blockages. Clogged dryer vents also increase the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, which can be fatal. Calling on a reliable and professional company like ours for dryer vent cleaning can give you the peace of mind you deserve.
So the best way to keep your critter problem to a minimum is by making sure your dryer vents are as clean as possible. There are a few other things to look at too:
- Your dryer duct should be at least four inches in diameter and the same size as the dryer outlet.
- Do not use screws or rivets to secure duct joints.
- Dryers should always be vented directly outdoors and not into a chimney or another vent.
- Flexible metal connectors should be used between the dryer and the duct.
- Do not use plastic connector ducting.
Do you need more information about dryer vent cleaning in Apple Valley? Call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626, or you can contact us and Request Service.