Proper dryer vent installation in your Eagan home can help prevent a dryer fire, and there are several guidelines that need to be kept in mind when they are being installed. Our dryer vent installation team knows these guidelines inside and out, so we wanted to share some of them with you.
- Your dryer ducts should be at least four inches in diameter, and they should be made out of a flexible material (not vinyl or plastic). Dryer vents that are at least four inches in diameter encourage clean, frictionless and unobstructed air flow, which can help decrease the amount of time your clothes need to dry, can help decrease your utility bill and can add longevity to your clothing’s life.
- Ducts should never be longer than 25 feet from the dryer location to where it terminates outside. They should be installed as straight as possible, and bends and turns in the dryer ducts should be accounted for when calculating the total length. Try to keep them as short as possible.
- You should visually inspect where your dryer ducts terminate outside of your home. Check for debris or anything clogging them, and there should always be some type of cap on it to help prevent birds and other animals from getting into them.
- Dryer vents should not be kinked or crushed. If they are, you need to call us for further assistance. We also offer dryer vent repair services.
- Your dryer vent should never be connected to your chimney or fireplace, and they should never vent into an attic or crawl space. They should vent directly outside.
- Know the signs that your dryer vents need to be cleaned: clothes smell musty, clothes take longer than usual to dry, the dryer feels hot to the touch or there is an unexplained increase in your utility bill. If you spot any of these problems, call us so we can come to your house and take a look and clean them.
These are just a few of the guidelines that a dryer vent installation company like us should follow any time we install new dryer vents.
Are you interested in learning more about dryer vent installation in Eagan or the surrounding areas? Call us at Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or you can feel free to contact us and Request Service.