Dryer Vent Wizard Twin Cities Facts & Figures
Clothes dryers are common in most U.S. homes. They make the task of laundry much easier and faster. However, the convenience of using dryers also comes with some costs and risks.
Clothes Dryers Statistics
- Nearly 80 percent of homes in the United States have a clothes dryer.
- There are 89 million residential clothes dryers in the United States.
- 79% of dryers are electric and 21% use natural gas.
- Clothes dryers are one of the most expensive appliances in your home to operate, and the longer it runs, the more it costs you.
- A typical household pays more than $100 in annual utility bills to operate an electric dryer and $40 for a gas dryer.
- A full load of wet clothes placed in a dryer contains about one half gallon of water. As water is removed, lint is created from the clothes.
With proper dryer vent installation and regular cleaning, you can help your dryer run as efficiently as possible, thus reducing your utility cost.
Clothes Dryer Fires Statistics
Home dryer fires may be more common than you think. We want to share some facts and figures on dryer fires from the National Fire Protection Association.
- In 2014-2018, local fire departments responded to an estimated average of 13,820 home structure fires per year in which dryers were involved in the ignition. These fires caused an average of seven civilian deaths, 344 civilian injuries and $233 million in direct property damage annually.
- One-third (32%) of dryer fires were caused by a failure to clean. This appears to be mainly lint build-up, as 27% of dryer fires started when dust, fiber or lint ignited.
Lower your risk of a dryer fire by making sure your dryer and vent are properly installed and professionally cleaned on a regular basis.
To schedule dryer vent cleaning in the Twin Cities area, call 651-792-5626 or contact us.