As a company that provides dryer vent cleaning services to Wayzata and the surrounding areas, we know a thing or two about dryers and how to make sure they function efficiently and safely. Here are few facts about dryer vents and dryer vent cleaning we have picked up along the way.
- Dryer vents have to be at least four inches in diameter and, at minimum, at least as large as the dryer outlet.
- The developed length of your dryer’s exhaust duct should not be any longer than 25 feet unless otherwise specified by the maker of the dryer.
- Dryer vent should always end outdoors, not in a chimney, attic or crawl space.
- The dryer’s exhaust vent termination hood should have a back draft damper to make sure the exhaust does not come back into your home.
- When you have dryer vent cleaning done, it should always be done by a professional who has been trained in the best and safest way to do this task.
- Eighty percent of dryer fires occur in residential buildings, which is why it is so important to set up an appointment for dryer vent cleaning at least once a year.
- When a dryer fire happens, failure to have dryer vent cleaning done regularly is the leading contributing factor. This is why dryer vent cleaning is such an important task.
- Dryers should always be placed near an outside wall so the dryer vent hoses don’t have to be too long and present a potential hazard.
- Making sure your dryer’s lint traps are cleaned regularly can make your dryer work more efficiently and can help ensure the entire load of laundry dries after one cycle.
For more information on dryer vent cleaning in Wayzata, call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or contact us to Request Service.