As the most renowned dryer vent cleaning company in Cottage Grove, we here at Dryer Vent Wizard like to put out as much helpful information for people as possible. And, with fall being just a few days away and winter approaching; we thought we would give you a few tips to keep your dryer running safely in the cooler months. Did you know that the threat of dryer fires actually increases in the winter? Most people do not realize that the threat of a dryer fire increases as the temperature outside decreases. However, bulkier clothing and bedding can produce more lint, clogging up the vents and trap. We have come across dryer vents that are so blocked by lint and debris that we worry for the household’s safety. If left long enough without cleaning, a dryer vent can become a fire hazard.
Since clogged dryers are a huge fire hazard, we would like to help make our community more aware of the dangers of dryer fires and some steps to take to prevent them.
- Only use your dryer for about 30 to 40 minutes per load. Air can circulate through the dryer better and there will be less lint- build-up overall. If your clothes need more than 40 minutes to dry, you need to call a dryer vent cleaning company like Dryer Vent Wizard because this could be a sign that your dryer vents should be cleaned as soon as possible.
- When you are using your dryer, stay home. Do not allow it to run when there is no one home. And, always clean in and around the lint trap following each load.
- Keep the area around your dryer clear of any items that could ignite. If your dryer is in need of a good cleaning, then it might run hotter than usual, and this could potentially cause items near your dryer to ignite.
- Hang heavier clothes to dry, especially items like heavy bedding and pillows. These large items can contribute vastly to the build-up of lint and other debris, and you will have to call a dryer vent repair company sooner than later for their cleaning services.
- Keep the ventilation opening on the exterior of your home capped to keep out critters and vermin. It should also be capped as a means to allow hot air and bits of lint and debris to blow out.
- Call a dryer vent cleaning company at least once a year to come out and professionally clean your dryer vents.
Follow these tips and call our dryer vent cleaning company if it has been a few years since your last professional dryer vent cleaning or if you suspect there might be a build-up of lint. Some of the telltale signs are a musty smell on your clothes, clothes taking longer to dry or an unexplainable increase in your electric bill.
For more information about our dryer vent cleaning company serving Cottage Grove, call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or you can contact us to Request an Appointment.