Dryer Vent Wizard is one of the most trusted names in dryer duct cleaning for Hastings and the surrounding areas. And, we have encountered a multitude of dryer issues from their ducts and hoses to their vents and more. These issues are most often found within the dryer ducts themselves and can create a multitude of problems for your dryer and for you. As experts in dryer duct cleaning, dryer vent repairs and dryer vent installations, we would like to offer some helpful tips to help make your drying experience a more positive one. These tips may not only help improve the health of your dryer, but its running efficiency as well.
- Call a dryer duct cleaning company at least once a year to come out and professionally clean your dryer vents and ducts.
- Make sure that your dryer vents are sending the spent air outside. Your dryer vents should never terminate anywhere like in an attic or crawl space. If dryer vents terminate anywhere but outside, mold and mildew growth are likely to occur. Our dryer duct cleaning company can help set a new course for your dryer vents if needed.
- Only use your dryer for about thirty to forty minutes per load. Air circulates through the machine better and there will be less lint build-up overall. And, if your clothes take much longer to dry, it’s time to call Dryer Vent Wizard as this may be a sign you require a dryer duct cleaning.
- Don’t try to DIY. Duct tape and similar tactics can create gaps in your air duct’s joints and above all, create a fire hazard.
- If you are worried about pests like insects or rodents entering your dryer vent, give our dryer duct cleaning company a call and we can assess the problem for you.
- Limit how many dryer sheets you use in the dryer or how much liquid fabric softener you use in the washing machine. Dryer sheets add residue to your lint filter, and that can cause the filter to clog faster than it otherwise would. If this happens however, call our dryer duct cleaning experts as soon as possible.
- Following each load, thoroughly clean in and around the lint trap. Use a hand-held or small vacuum to suck up bits of lint and debris that build up in and around the lint trap.
Still have questions about your dryers or about dryer duct cleaning for your Hastings area home? Call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or you can contact us and Request Service.