You may use your dryer several times a week, but what do you really know about it? Here at Dryer Vent Wizard, we’ve been working closely with dryers for years and have learned a few interesting facts about them. As a professional dryer cleaning service in Chanhassen, we thought we would take some time to share some of our favorite facts about dryers and dryer vents. You might just learn something that can help you avoid a dryer safety hazard! And, when you’re ready, contact your local dryer cleaning service, Dryer Vent Wizard, to have your dryer vent inspected and cleaned!
- This may surprise you! Dryers first appeared on the market in the 1800s. But rather than being powered by electricity, there was a crank that had to be turned in order to make the dryer heat up and dry the clothing.
- In the United States, dryers powered by electricity are more popular than dryers powered by gas.
- In addition to cleaning behind the dryer and behind the lint screen, thorough dryer vent cleaning by a professional dryer cleaning service is essential to the health and safety or your dryer.
- Clogged dryer vents could increase the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Mice and other critters could nest in your dryer vents. They can cause a fire and put your family and home in danger. The best way to keep your critter problem to a minimum is by hiring a dryer cleaning service and making sure your dryer vents are as clean as possible.
- Dryers should always be vented directly outdoors and not into a chimney or another vent.
- It’s best to run your dryer when you have a full load of clothes. Dryers use the same amount of energy no matter how full they are.
- Cleaning the lint trap allows air to circulate, which results in clothing that dries faster and it helps decrease the chances of an accidental dryer fire.
- Flexible metal connectors should be used between the dryer and the duct to help avoid leaks and critter infestation.
- Avoid over-drying your clothes. They can become stiff and more wrinkled that way.
- Dryers work by rotating wet clothes and then injecting hot air until the drum until the clothes are dry.
- Your dryer duct should be at least four inches in diameter and the same size as the dryer outlet.
Do you need more information about dryers from our dryer cleaning service in Chanhassen? Call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626, or you can contact us and Request Service.