Dryers are a pretty important appliance in this day and age. Not everyone has the time or space to hang their clothes to dry, so dryers play a valuable role in making sure we are neat and presentable on a daily basis. As a company that offers dryer vent cleaning to Osseo and the surrounding areas, we have a few suggestions on how to properly maintain your dryer. Of course, there are some aspects to dryer maintenance that are difficult to do without the right tools and know-how. So when you need more assistance with your dryer vent cleaning and maintenance, call us and we can help! In the meantime, here are a few basic chores you can do on your own.
- After every load of laundry is done drying, take a few seconds to clean out the dryer vent and remove all of the lint. This will also help your dryer’s energy efficiency.
- A few times a year, check to make sure your dryer isn’t pushed so far into the wall that the dryer vent hose is crushed or torn.
- Also, go outside and check the outdoor dryer vent and remove any debris that could restrict the air flow. This is another task that is good to do at least a few times a year.
- At least once a year, hire Dryer Vent Wizard to come to your home for our dryer vent cleaning services. This will not only ensure your dryer is functioning at its peak efficiency, it could also help prevent a house fire.
- At least once a month, take a look at the inside of your dryer to make sure there aren’t any parts that are missing or loose.
For more information on dryer vent cleaning in Osseo, call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or contact us and Request Service.
We here at Dryer Vent Wizard have learned plenty of interesting facts over the years about dryers and dryer vent cleaning in Plymouth. We thought we would take the time to share a few of our favorite facts about dryers and dryer vents.
- Dryers basically work by rotating wet clothes and then injecting the drum with hot air until the clothes are dry.
- Dryers powered by electricity are more popular than dryers powered by gas here in the United States.
- Dryers first appeared on the market in the 1800s. But rather than being powered by electricity, there was a crank that users had to turn to make the dryer heat up and dry clothing.
- Cleaning the lint trap allows air to circulate, which results in clothing that dries faster and it helps decrease the chances of an accidental dryer fire. (Dryer vent cleaning also reduces the risk of a fire.)
- It’s best to run your dryer when you have a full load of clothes to dry. Dryers use the same amount of energy no matter how many clothes are in there, so drying a full load is more cost effective.
- Try to avoid over-drying your clothes. They can become stiff and more wrinkled that way.
- Dryer vent cleaning is important, as is cleaning behind the dryer and behind the lint screen.
- Make sure the dryer’s exhaust duct is connected properly to the outside terminal. When we come for dryer vent cleaning, we can check this to make sure every part of your dryer is functioning as it should.
- The outside dryer exhaust terminal should close properly and should not be blocked with lint either.
For more information on dryer vent cleaning in Plymouth, call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or Request Service.
We all hear a lot about dryer fires these days, and maybe some of us even know a family that was affected by a dryer fire. But when it comes down to it, do you really know or understand what causes and dryer fire and why dryer vent cleaning in Minnesota is so important?
All it takes to spark a dryer vent fire is a piece of lint and a hot machine. If a piece of lint hits the machine’s heater, that can cause a spark. Granted, one spark will not cause a big fire, but if one piece of lint sparks another piece, that can have a domino effect. When those sparks ignite something that is close to your dryer, like a pile of laundry or a piece of the carpet, that can have catastrophic results. And even if you are thinking to yourself “There is nothing near my dryer that could catch on fire!” you should think again. If you have a plastic dryer hose, that can also catch on fire and cause a much bigger problem.
We always preach that the best way to prevent a dryer fire is with regular dryer vent cleaning. But there are a few other precautions you can take, such as not allowing your dryer to run when no one is home, making sure your dryer is in good working order overall and making sure your dryer hoses are made out of aluminum and not plastic.
So keep your family, yourself and your home safe. Make sure you schedule regular dryer vent cleaning. Make sure your dryer is working properly and that everyone in your family knows not to leave the dryer running unattended.
For more information on dryer vent cleaning in Minnesota, call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or Request Service.
When it comes to dryer vents, we here at Dryer Vent Wizard, a dryer vent cleaning service serving Hastings and the surrounding areas, know a thing or two. There are a few tasks you can do to ensure dryer vent safety. One of the main items is to call a dryer vent cleaning service like ours for regular cleaning of your dryer vents. This will help prevent dryer fires and will also help you save money on your utility bills. Clean dryer vents mean your dryer will dry clothes more efficiently and thoroughly.
Here are some things you should be looking out for with your dryer vents:
- Dryer vents should be securely connected to the dryer.
- Dryer vents should not be restricted in any way. This means that they should not be kinked or crushed where they leave the dryer and connect to the wall or floor.
- Dryer vents should be thoroughly cleaned by a trustworthy dryer vent cleaning service like ours. Not only do the dryer vents carry moisture out of the dryer and away from your home, but they also carry lint out too. These particles are incredibly flammable. If an overheated dryer triggers a spark because of a mechanical failure, this can ignite the lint and start a fire. And because dryers are generally tucked away in a basement or other less-used area, these fires can spread quickly without anyone noticing at first.
- There should not be any moisture in the dryer vent. If you notice water pooling in there, you need to call a reputable dryer vent cleaning service and get someone to come out and clean the vent.
So when you need a reliable dryer vent cleaning service in Hastings, call us here at Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or contact us and Request Service.
This is a basic question but it’s also an important one! We here at Dryer Vent Wizard, a dryer vent repair company serving Apple Valley, are going to define what dryer vents are and why they are so important. Properly maintaining them and getting us to come out to your home any time you need dryer vent repair are also important.
When you turn on your dryer, air is pulled in and heated by the heating elements. The heated air then travels through the clothes in the dryer. After that, a fan pulls the air out. The air then goes into the dryer vent and from there it’s pushed outdoors. So that is why dryer vents are so important: if it wasn’t for them, that hot air and moisture would remain in your home and would cause rot and mold, plus your air-conditioning bills would skyrocket. One way to ensure your air-conditioning bills remain steady is proper dryer vent repair.
If your dryer vents get clogged or if they break and you don’t get dryer vent repair done as soon as possible, that hot air and moisture will build up and cause the aforementioned rot and mold. You always want to make sure the air and moisture are properly venting so you don’t end up with an even bigger problem on your hands. Because if those two things build up, dryer vent repair will be the least of your worries!
Your dryer vent is attached to what’s called the “vent hood,” which is located on the back of your dryer. The tubing from that part of your dryer will go from there to the floor or wall, where it eventually leads to the outside. Nowadays, that tubing is usually made from aluminum, but in the old days, it was made out of vinyl or plastic. Once the tubing reaches the outside, there is usually a cover over it to ensure the air and moisture are blown away from the house and not back into it, plus it keeps critters from building nests inside of it too. If any part of your dryer vents is broken, you will need to call us for dryer vent repair.
When you need dryer vent repair in Apple Valley, call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or Contact Us.