If you just had a new dryer installed, you want to be sure that your dryer vents are venting the air out of your dryer safely and correctly. As a dryer vent cleaning service serving Woodbury and the surrounding areas, we have seen our share of dryer vents that were not installed correctly. So what are some things you should look out for? Here are a few tips.
- Make sure your dryer hoses are at least four inches in diameter.
- The transition hose between your dryer and the wall outlet should be made out of aluminum. Plastic or vinyl should not be used.
- Ducting that is concealed should be made out of rigid metal. The maximum length of your ducting is usually stipulated by local building codes.
- When you need to secure joints, use metal tape. Do not use duct tape or masking tape. Over time, the adhesive on this type of tape will deteriorate and create holes.
- Your dryer vents should not vent out through your chimney or other exhaust vents. It should be independent of any other exhaust system.
- Dryer vent hoses should not have any kinks in them. Check them regularly to make sure they haven’t accidentally been crushed either.
- After the installation process is complete, be sure to regularly inspect your dryer vents and dryer hose. If you notice any birds nesting in the outside portion of the dryer vent or if you notice that lint is building up in the hose, call our dryer vent cleaning service to come out and take a look. We can clean the vents and hose and make any necessary repairs.
- You should also call our dryer vent cleaning service for regular cleanings. We can come to your home, clean out the vents and make sure everything is still in good working order. Regular dryer vent cleanings can help your dryer run more efficiently and they can actually help increase the life span of your dryer. You could also see some savings on your electric bill.
We hope you learned a few things about how to make sure your dryer vents are venting safely. If you have any questions, call our dryer vent cleaning service!
Do you need a professional and reliable dryer vent cleaning service in Woodbury? Call us at Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or you can contact us to Request Service.