October 5 through October 11, 2014, is Fire Prevention Week, sponsored by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). While dryer vent cleaning in Minnesota can help decrease your chances of experiencing a fire in your home, there are several other precautions you can take to ensure your family and your home stay safe. Here are a few suggestions.
Watch Your Electricity
Is there a light that keeps on flickering? Or maybe there is an outlet in your bedroom that is warm to the touch? Or maybe there is a circuit that keeps tripping, no matter what you do? If you answered yes to just one of these questions, it’s time to call in an electrician. These are all signs that there could be something wrong with your home’s electrical system, so it’s time to get it looked at by a professional.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Dryer vents that have a build-up of lint and other debris can be a huge fire hazard. Hire our dryer vent cleaning service so we can come to your home and make sure your dryer vents are clean and lint-free. Lint is a huge fire hazard because all it takes is one small spark to ignite the lint. And when that happens, the fire can quickly spread, putting your family and your home at risk.
Get Tune Ups
Has it been awhile since you’ve had a professional come out to look at your air conditioner or heating unit? How about your water heater? Make sure you get routine inspections and maintenance of these appliances. An expert can spot issues before they become bigger problems.
Are you ready to learn more about dryer vent cleaning in Minnesota? And about what you can do to prevent dryer fires in your home? Call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or you can contact us and Request Service.
We here at Dryer Vent Wizard take dryer vent cleaning in Minnetonka very seriously. Dryer vents can cause a house fire, so here are a few safety tips on how to properly use and maintain your dryer.
- Be sure to have your dryer installed by a professional. And when it needs repairs or service, make sure you hire a professional to do the work. There are some do-it-yourself repairs you can try on your own, but most of them should be done by a trained professional.
- Never use your dryer without a lint filter. The lint filter helps to keep some of the lint from building up in your dryer vent hose.
- Keep the lint filter clean at all times. Make sure you clean it after each load of laundry. And if the lint filter breaks, make sure you get a new one before you use your dryer again.
- Dryer vents should be made out of rigid but flexible materials, such as plastic. This will help keep the proper amount of air flow going through, plus it will ensure your clothes dry thoroughly the first time.
- The air exhaust vent pipe should never be restricted, and the outdoor vent flap is open while the dryer is operating.
- If you start to notice that your clothes are not drying as quickly as usual, call on us for dryer vent cleaning. Dryer vent cleaning should be done at least once a year.
- The dryer should always be plugged into the right outlet using the right kind of plug. If you are unsure of how to check this, call in the professionals to take a look.
- Never overload your dryer, and always make sure to turn it off when you go to bed or when you leave your home.
For more information on dryer vent cleaning in Minnetonka, call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or contact us to Request Service.
As a company that provides dryer vent cleaning services to Wayzata and the surrounding areas, we know a thing or two about dryers and how to make sure they function efficiently and safely. Here are few facts about dryer vents and dryer vent cleaning we have picked up along the way.
- Dryer vents have to be at least four inches in diameter and, at minimum, at least as large as the dryer outlet.
- The developed length of your dryer’s exhaust duct should not be any longer than 25 feet unless otherwise specified by the maker of the dryer.
- Dryer vent should always end outdoors, not in a chimney, attic or crawl space.
- The dryer’s exhaust vent termination hood should have a back draft damper to make sure the exhaust does not come back into your home.
- When you have dryer vent cleaning done, it should always be done by a professional who has been trained in the best and safest way to do this task.
- Eighty percent of dryer fires occur in residential buildings, which is why it is so important to set up an appointment for dryer vent cleaning at least once a year.
- When a dryer fire happens, failure to have dryer vent cleaning done regularly is the leading contributing factor. This is why dryer vent cleaning is such an important task.
- Dryers should always be placed near an outside wall so the dryer vent hoses don’t have to be too long and present a potential hazard.
- Making sure your dryer’s lint traps are cleaned regularly can make your dryer work more efficiently and can help ensure the entire load of laundry dries after one cycle.
For more information on dryer vent cleaning in Wayzata, call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or contact us to Request Service.
Dryers are a pretty important appliance in this day and age. Not everyone has the time or space to hang their clothes to dry, so dryers play a valuable role in making sure we are neat and presentable on a daily basis. As a company that offers dryer vent cleaning to Osseo and the surrounding areas, we have a few suggestions on how to properly maintain your dryer. Of course, there are some aspects to dryer maintenance that are difficult to do without the right tools and know-how. So when you need more assistance with your dryer vent cleaning and maintenance, call us and we can help! In the meantime, here are a few basic chores you can do on your own.
- After every load of laundry is done drying, take a few seconds to clean out the dryer vent and remove all of the lint. This will also help your dryer’s energy efficiency.
- A few times a year, check to make sure your dryer isn’t pushed so far into the wall that the dryer vent hose is crushed or torn.
- Also, go outside and check the outdoor dryer vent and remove any debris that could restrict the air flow. This is another task that is good to do at least a few times a year.
- At least once a year, hire Dryer Vent Wizard to come to your home for our dryer vent cleaning services. This will not only ensure your dryer is functioning at its peak efficiency, it could also help prevent a house fire.
- At least once a month, take a look at the inside of your dryer to make sure there aren’t any parts that are missing or loose.
For more information on dryer vent cleaning in Osseo, call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or contact us and Request Service.
We here at Dryer Vent Wizard have learned plenty of interesting facts over the years about dryers and dryer vent cleaning in Plymouth. We thought we would take the time to share a few of our favorite facts about dryers and dryer vents.
- Dryers basically work by rotating wet clothes and then injecting the drum with hot air until the clothes are dry.
- Dryers powered by electricity are more popular than dryers powered by gas here in the United States.
- Dryers first appeared on the market in the 1800s. But rather than being powered by electricity, there was a crank that users had to turn to make the dryer heat up and dry clothing.
- Cleaning the lint trap allows air to circulate, which results in clothing that dries faster and it helps decrease the chances of an accidental dryer fire. (Dryer vent cleaning also reduces the risk of a fire.)
- It’s best to run your dryer when you have a full load of clothes to dry. Dryers use the same amount of energy no matter how many clothes are in there, so drying a full load is more cost effective.
- Try to avoid over-drying your clothes. They can become stiff and more wrinkled that way.
- Dryer vent cleaning is important, as is cleaning behind the dryer and behind the lint screen.
- Make sure the dryer’s exhaust duct is connected properly to the outside terminal. When we come for dryer vent cleaning, we can check this to make sure every part of your dryer is functioning as it should.
- The outside dryer exhaust terminal should close properly and should not be blocked with lint either.
For more information on dryer vent cleaning in Plymouth, call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or Request Service.