As the most renowned dryer vent repair company near Woodbury, we here at Dryer Vent Wizard like to put out as much helpful information for the people as is possible. We come across dryer vents that are so blocked by lint and debris that we worry for all households for their safety and well-being—clogged dryer vents being a huge fire hazard. As such, we like put out helpful tips that will make people more aware of the concerns with dryer fires and possibly take steps like implementing regular dryer vent cleaning to completely prevent the need for worry over these potential fires.
Follow these precautionary measures to decrease the potential for accumulation of lint and debris in your dryer vents and hoses:
- Use your dryer for 30 to 40 minutes per load. Air circulates through the machine better and there will be less lint build-up overall. If your clothes need more than 40 minutes to dry, you need to call a dryer vent cleaning company like Dryer Vent Wizard because this could be a sign that your dryer vents should be cleaned as soon as possible.
- Hang heavier clothes to dry, especially items like heavy bedding and pillows. These large items can contribute vastly to the build-up of lint and other debris, and you will have to call a dryer vent repair company sooner than later for their cleaning services.
- Limit how many dryer sheets you use in the dryer or how much liquid fabric softener you use in the washing machine. Dryer sheets add residue to your lint filter, and that can cause the filter to clog faster than it otherwise would. Liquid fabric softener causes fabrics to become flammable in the dryer thanks to the build-up of oil and other chemicals on them.
- Your outside of the home ventilation opening should always be capped to keep out critters and vermin. It should also be capped as a means to allow hot air and bits of lint and debris to blow out.
- Following each load, thoroughly clean in and around the lint trap. Use a hand-held or small vacuum to suck up bits of lint and debris that build up in and around the lint trap.
- Call a dryer vent cleaning company at least once a year to come out and professionally clean your dryer vents.