We here at Dryer Vent Wizard take dryer vent cleaning in Minnetonka very seriously. Dryer vents can cause a house fire, so here are a few safety tips on how to properly use and maintain your dryer.
- Be sure to have your dryer installed by a professional. And when it needs repairs or service, make sure you hire a professional to do the work. There are some do-it-yourself repairs you can try on your own, but most of them should be done by a trained professional.
- Never use your dryer without a lint filter. The lint filter helps to keep some of the lint from building up in your dryer vent hose.
- Keep the lint filter clean at all times. Make sure you clean it after each load of laundry. And if the lint filter breaks, make sure you get a new one before you use your dryer again.
- Dryer vents should be made out of rigid but flexible materials, such as plastic. This will help keep the proper amount of air flow going through, plus it will ensure your clothes dry thoroughly the first time.
- The air exhaust vent pipe should never be restricted, and the outdoor vent flap is open while the dryer is operating.
- If you start to notice that your clothes are not drying as quickly as usual, call on us for dryer vent cleaning. Dryer vent cleaning should be done at least once a year.
- The dryer should always be plugged into the right outlet using the right kind of plug. If you are unsure of how to check this, call in the professionals to take a look.
- Never overload your dryer, and always make sure to turn it off when you go to bed or when you leave your home.
For more information on dryer vent cleaning in Minnetonka, call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or contact us to Request Service.