Cottage Grove MN Dryer Vent Hose Installations
Dryer Vent Wizard of the Greater Twin Cities
Your clothes dryer, like almost all other appliances, is a great convenience to have. However, it needs cleaned often to be sure perfect effectiveness and safety. Without dryer vent cleaning, the dryer in your Cottage Grove property generally is a risk.
One of the most important parts of any adequately dependable dryer vent is a excellent, proper dryer vent hose. The Dryer Vent Wizard of the Greater Twin Cities staff can help you by fitting a harmless dryer vent hose that will also guide your dryer to run at its most efficient.
Dryer vent hose tips & guidelines
When the dryer vent hose in your Cottage Grove MN house needs replaced or repaired, consider the following tips and recommendations:
- Your dryer vent must be inspected every year by a certified dryer vent cleaning company. This is more important than ever, as dryer vents are becoming more complex, with longer hoses and more bends.
- Your dryer vent hose must not be kinked or crushed, and there should be space to provide room for the hose to make its bends.
- Your dryer vent is required to be its own, independent of other venting types, like chimneys or exhaust vents.
- The joints should not be secured with duct tape, but metal tape.
- The dryer in no way should be vented in a way that the exhaust is left inside. Dryer vent exhaust is a risk to your well being given indoor exhausting could cause mildew as well as other problems.
- If you choose a concealed duct system, then it needs to be made of rigid metal, like galvanized steel or aluminum.
- Your dryer ducts should be at the very least 4 inches in diameter. The ducts need to be clean, frictionless and without any obstructions, to ensure perfect air flow and quicker drying times.
- When inspecting your dryer vent hose and the opening, try to find clogs, like nests from birds and rodents. You should be able to feel from a foot back the dryer exhaust.
Selecting a dryer vent hose
Your dryer should be vented in order for it to work correctly. If you’re uncertain your dryer vent hose is safe, it is advisable to Contact Us immediately to have it inspected.
When it comes to your hose, it really should be made of metal in order to follow the requirements of Cottage Grove building codes. Here’s a breakdown of each type of dryer vent hose: Flexible Aluminum
This is among the most in-demand dryer vent hoses on the market, but it’s among the most at risk from amassing lint inside. Only one of three hoses accepted by the Underwriters Laboratories.
- Steel or Aluminum Rigid Piping
Rigid piping is among the best because of it being constructed from metal. Also accepted by the Underwriters Laboratories.
- Flexible Thin Foil
Not encouraged. These are really prone to collecting lint and catching on fire.
- Flexbile Plastic or Vinyl
The worst possible choice. Plastic and vinyl hoses are one of several primary causes of how dryer fires start.
The advantages of utilizing Dryer Vent Wizard
When the Dryer Vent Wizard of the Greater Twin Cities staff comes into your home, we’ll treat it as our own. We’ll examine your dryer vent to ensure it’s properly fitted and won’t become a fire hazard. Our staff knows about dryer vents and the dangers presented by a malfunctioning or dirty vent. We believe in not simply fitting or cleaning your vent, but in dryer fire elimination. You’re in safe hands with us, and there’s practically nothing we won’t do to keep you safe.