At Dryer Vent Wizard, we know how important it is to not only keep your dryer vent clean, but to properly install your new dryer vents. Improper dryer vent installation can lead to a host of problems from fire hazards to issues with efficiency to mold growth. That’s why the experts at Dryer Vent Wizard have put together a comprehensive list of some of the lesser known facts about dryer vents to get you in-the-know before your next dryer vent cleaning or dryer vent installation in Plymouth.
Dryer Fire Threat Increases in the Winter
Did you know that the threat of a dryer vent fire increases during the winter time? Due to bulkier clothing and bedding we use during the winter months, a build-up of lint can happen far more quickly. The thicker material itself produces more lint and, increased lint means more lint getting caught in your dryer trap and your vents. This means that in these two locations, the likelihood of a potential fire hazard increases. Winter also means dryer air in general which is never a good thing when it comes to fire prevention. To ensure a safer season, call Dryer Vent Wizard before winter hits and we can come out to see if you require a cleaning or new dryer vent installation.
A Clean, Professionally Installed Dryer Vent Can Boost Efficiency
Not only is a professional dryer vent installation or cleaning safer, it can even help with your dryer’s energy efficiency. How? Clothes dryers are one of the most expensive appliances to operate in the home. Simply, the longer it runs, the more money it costs you. Vents clogged with debris or those installed improperly can slow down the drying process, meaning you will need to run the dryer for longer in order to get your clothing completely dry. Ensure your dryer vent installation is done properly and that you’re getting the most out of your dryer by calling the professionals.
The More You Know
Familiarize yourself with the current standards and related issues when it comes to dryer vent installation to ensure you know what to look for. Recognize early symptoms of a malfunctioning dryer vent like these:
- Dryer is hot to the touch
- Lint build-up around dryer trap
- Clothes take longer than usual to dry
- Burning or musty odor
By learning to recognize these symptoms of potential hazards and, most importantly, by educating others, you can help keep your dryers and the dryers of your friends running safely and efficiently. If you have any questions about your dryer vent or to request a dryer vent installation in Plymouth, call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626 or you can contact us to Request an Appointment.
According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission, more than 15,000 fires are sparked every year by clothes dryers. It goes without saying that you want to do everything you can to protect your loved ones, your home or your commercial property from a fire. The best way to make this happen is by calling your local dryer vent cleaning company in Wayzata, Dryer Vent Wizard. We recommend a good cleaning every two to three years, and our trained technicians are here to help with all your dryer vent needs. Until then, here are a few answers on dryer vent safety.
What causes a dryer vent fire?
A spark from the heating element in electric or gas dryers combined with the build-up of lint can start a dryer vent fire. A vent can become restricted from lack of maintenance. And, if left long enough, the dryer can also build up with lint. The presence of lint around the heat source then becomes a potential fire hazard as the dryer’s ability to perform as it should depends very much on proper air flow.
How do I know if I need to have my dryer vent cleaned?
At Dryer Vent Wizard, a trusted dryer vent cleaning company, we care about you and your safety. That’s why some of our experts have come up with a list of signs you may experience when you need to have your dryer vent cleaned.
- Drying time starts taking longer than usual
- A musty odor is noticed on the clothing following the dryer cycle
- Clothes do not completely dry after a normal cycle
- Visible lint and debris around the lint filter
- The vent hood flap won’t properly open
- Large amounts of lint accumulation in the lint trap
How can I prevent my dryer vents from getting clogged too quickly?
Though you will still need a routine dryer vent cleaning company to take a look, there are a few things you can do to help keep your dryer vent from clogging too often. First, air dry thick bedding and your heavier clothing. Second, use half of the dryer sheet instead of a full one. And third, be sure to always clean out your lint trap after you use your dryer.
Why should I hire a professional dryer vent cleaning company?
Though there are some do-it-yourself solutions as well as vent cleaning kits, these aren’t typically as effective as hiring a pro. A professional dryer vent cleaning company like Dryer Vent Wizard has the expert tools and experience needed to get your system cleaned right the first time. Having been trained in a variety of dryer vent models, we know the best and most efficient way to go about cleaning the interior components of the system.
Need more information about dryer vent safety or to learn about our dryer vent cleaning company serving Wayzata and surrounding areas? Don’t wait another second! Give us a call at 651-792-5626 or Contact Us.
The time of year that is a boon for dryer fires across the nation is here. Winter is the season that catastrophic dryer fires erupt more than any other time of year. The threat of a dryer fire increases as the temperature outside decreases. It is of paramount importance that you utilize a dryer vent cleaning service for your Eagan home at least once every two to three years. A best time of year to have this work done is just before winter, but, if you have not had this done yet, there is no better time than right now!
Dryer fires occur during the winter months because of increased wear of thicker, bulkier clothing that ends up repeatedly being run through the dryer. The sheets, comforters and wool blankets that also get dried via dryer also contribute. The thicker the clothing and bedding utilized during the winter months, the more lint it produces. The more lint produced means more lint that gets caught in your dryer vents and hoses. The more lint produced means more lint that gets caught in your dryer’s venting system. Maintenance of your dryer’s venting system will reduce the risk of a dryer fire.
Call the Dryer Vent Wizard today to utilize our dryer vent cleaning services, especially if it has been a few years since you last had this work carried out. There are likely multiple conglomerations of lint that need to be addressed within that dryer of yours. If clothes are taking longer to dry than they should, or if they come out with a musty smell to them or if you have noticed an otherwise unblamable increase in your electric bill or even if the top of the dryer is hot to the touch, chances are that lint accumulation is the culprit.
In the interim, between now and your dryer vent cleaning appointment, follow these guidelines that will create a more efficient overall dryer functionality:
- Clean your dryer’s lint trap before or after every single load of laundry that you dry.
- Air dry heavier clothing and bedding to prevent lint from massing within your dryer lint trap or vents.
- Do not run the dryer when you or someone capable is not at home.
- Keep the area around your dryer clear of any items that could ignite. If your dryer is in need of a good cleaning, then it might run hotter than usual, and this could potentially cause items near your dryer to ignite.
If you would like more information on our dryer cleaning service near Eagan, call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626, or you can contact us to Request an Appointment.
Dryer Vent Wizard, a professional dryer duct cleaning company in the Woodbury area, often encounters the same issues with dryers, their ducts and hoses, again and again. The issues are most often found within the dryer ducts themselves and/or the hoses. The following is a batch of common repairs and issues that we have run into and ultimately fixed for our customers.
- The materials that make up your dryer ducts need to be made of a rigid material, not the all too common plastic, foil or PVC piping. If you find that your dryer vent is made up of anything but metal, the risk of experiencing a dryer fire is increased exponentially. PVC and plastic can create static electricity, which ultimately causes the dryer lint to adhere to the interior of your dryer vent’s walls. The lint then mixes with the water that expelled from the dryer during the drying cycle. A sludgy mixture is then created that can also increase the risk of a fire starting. Specifically related to PVC, this material “sweats”, creating areas for lint to pool, collect and harden.
- If you are an aficionado of duct tape, do not use that love on venting materials and and/or bolts or screws as a means of securing joints on dryer vents and hoses. The adhesive on duct tape dries out and creates gaps in the joints. Lint often collects on these bolts and screws, also increasing the risk of fire.
- Make sure that your dryer vents end up sending the air outside. They should never terminate anywhere other than that, like in an attic or crawl space. If dryer vents terminate anywhere but outside, mold and mildew growth are a likely outcome. Health hazards can emerge as a result of these truths. Our dryer duct cleaning company can help set a new course for your dryer vents should they not meet their proper end outside of the home.
- If you are worried about pests like insects, animals of the rodentia spectrum entering your dryer vent, give our dryer duct cleaning company a call. We will come out as soon as we can to take the necessary steps to ensure that your dryer vents are protected from these unwelcome guests.
Do you need a reliable dryer duct cleaning company in Woodbury? Call Dryer Vent Wizard at 651-792-5626, or you can contact us and Request Service.
The threat of a dryer fire is incredibly real within your home. Your dryer vents frequently become clogged with lint and debris. It is the contaminants that clog the flow of air away from your dryer and out of your home that create the danger. While dryer vent cleaning is not likely to appear on any to-do list that you are currently in possession of, it is the idea of your dryer as afterthought that also contributes to the dangers that may be lurking within. When your mind does go to your dryer and you see that lint is visible upon your very first glance, call on Dryer Vent Wizard, a dryer cleaning service to Cottage Grove and nearby homes.
Annual dryer vent cleaning is a great way to help save and perhaps add to the life of your dryer. Taking steps like these will help protect the biggest of your investments—the house. A brief inspection and cleaning as administered by a dryer cleaning service professional will enhance existing safety measure you already have in place for your family.
Dryer fires erupt as a result of extended build-up of debris, over time. Accumulated lint in the venting system of leads to over-heating. In addition to the heat, the accumulated debris is obscenely flammable. Calling on a dryer cleaning service will not only help eradicate fire possibilities but will also enhance the ability of your dryer to do what it is supposed to do, dry your clothes. Your clothes will be dried in a shorter amount of time. A dryer that runs and dries on a shorter cycle will also contribute to the lowering of your energy bills.
If your dryer is within the home (and not the lower level) it is likely that you possess a longer type of dryer venting system. This adds up to more twists and turns, or, more places for lint to get trapped, restricting airflow. A dryer vent with built up lint does not function as efficiently as a clean vent. This means you may have to run multiple cycles, increasing chances for a fire.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms from your dryer, it is more than time to call in a dryer cleaning service to inspect and clean your dryer vents:
- Clothing takes longer than the norm to dry
- Clothing is hot, but not dry after a normal drying cycle
- The dryer is hot to the touch
- Musty odors towards the end of a drying cycle
- Your system is not operating at the capacity it used to
All of these symptoms are dangerous warning signs. Have your dryer vent looked at today before it’s too late.
To have your vents cleaned by an expert or to get more insight into our dryer cleaning service to greater Cottage Grove area residences, call today at 651-792-5626 or Contact Us Online.